Important UCAS Dates
University Applications 2019
5 September 2018 – completed applications can be sent to UCAS.
15 October 2018 at 18:00 (UK time) – deadline for applications to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, and for most courses in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine/science.
15 January 2019 at 18:00 (UK time) – deadline for applications for the majority of UCAS Undergraduate courses
UCAS: Top ten tips
- Start research early – there are a lot of higher education options to choose from!
- Know the deadlines – for some courses, the application deadline is almost a year in advance of when the course starts.
- Browse through courses – so they can work out what they would enjoy or be interested in.
- Go to UCAS events and course provider open days – speak to us and higher education staff to get answers to their questions.
- Check entry requirements – make sure they can get the grades they need to get a place on a course.
- Redraft their personal statement – get plenty of feedback and refine it until they’re happy.
- Understand student finance – so they can make the best arrangements to fund their studies.
- Be prepared for results day – make sure they’re prepared for all the possible outcomes.
- Understand how Extra and Clearing work – different ways to apply for more courses.
- Visit UCAS Facebook and Twitter regularly to get advice and ask questions.
More advice and guidance can be found on the UCAS website: