Psychology is the study of the behaviour of individuals and their mental differences.
In order to be great at this course, you must:
- Enjoy asking questions
- Read before and after lessons
- Be prepared to write essays worth 16 marks
- Be able to express ideas
- Be able to interpret data
- Be able to apply your knowledge
- Want to discuss exciting social issues
- Be able to see both sides of an argument
What does this course involve?
You will learn about the importance of research methods and how this influences the creation of new theories. You will have three exams at the end of the final year, each exam is 2 hours long. In year 1 you will complete Paper 1 (social influence, memory, attachment, psychopathology) and Paper 2 (Research methods, Biopsychology, Approaches). In year 2 you will complete Paper 3 (Issues, Debates and Approaches, Cognition and Development, Schizophrenia, Forensic Psychology).