In Religious Studies, you will study religious arguments from the study of Islam, Philosophy and Ethics.
In order to succeed you must:
- Complete all prior reading before lessons
- Carry out wider reading around the topic independently
- Think critically and consider alternative arguments
- Be prepared to write essays
- Contribute to discussions and debates
- Act on feedback given
What does the course involve?
You will study the religion Islam in depth, exploring key beliefs and practices as well as Muslims interpretations of religious truth claims.
You will have three exams at the end of year 2, each exam is 2 hours long and is of equal weighting.
In year 1 you will look at some of the key beliefs, theories and arguments within Islam, Philosophy and Ethics.
In year 2 you will build on the knowledge from year one and expand on each unit. You will also be expected to make synoptic links between the different units over the two years.
Will I have to do coursework?
What careers can it offer me?
- Charity sector
- Civil service
- Advice worker