BTEC: Health and Social Care
By taking BTEC Health and Social Care, you will gain a broad understanding of health, social care and early years working environments.
You will have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way, whilst following a programme of study that enables progression to both higher education and employment in health, social care and early years.
The course will help you develop key skills that are highly valued by employers and universities and gain confidence by developing independent learning skills
Who should take BTEC Health and Social Care?
This could would appeal to students who:
- Enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experience
- Want the opportunity to carry out practical work as well as class work
- Want to find out more about the subject through personal investigation
- Are interested in developing an understanding of caring organisations and the clients they serve
- Want to study a course that is active and enjoyable
- Want to move onto a related career or higher education course
- Would like to work in the health care sector, teaching, police force, youth work, social work etc.
What topics will I cover?
- Care and support planning
- Effective communication
- Reflective Practices
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Working in Social Care Environments