The BTEC course will:
- Encourage personal development through practical participation and leadership in a range of sports and exercise activities
- Give learners a wider understanding and appreciation of health-related fitness, sports and exercise through a selection of optional specialist units
- Encourage learners to develop their people, communication, planning and team-working skills, by having the opportunity to select from optional units available in the qualification structure
- Provide education and training for sport, leisure and recreation employees
- Give opportunities for sport, leisure and recreation employees to achieve a nationally recognised level 1 or level 2 vocationally-specific qualification
- Give full-time learners the opportunity to progress to other vocational qualifications, such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Sport or Sport and Exercise Sciences, or on to GCE AS or A level, and, in due course, to enter employment in the sport and active leisure sector
- Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Fitness for Sport and Exercise for Sports Coaches
Students will study:
- Components of physical fitness
- Components of skill related fitness
- Principles of training
- Fitness training methods
Leading Sports Activities
Students will study:
- Know the attributes associated with successful sports leadership
- Undertake the planning and leading of sports activities
- Review the planning and leading of sports activities
- Work with Year 7 students , leading a circuit or a team game
Why choose BTEC Level 2 First Award in Sport?
- If you have good skills and understanding in a variety of sports/physical activities.
- You enjoy learning about the theoretical aspects of physical activity.
- BTEC Level 2 lends itself to BTEC National Extended/Subsidiary Diplomas. Potential career paths after further study include teaching, coaching, sports journalism, physiotherapy, development of sport technology, sport science.