Students will have opportunities to:
- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport, and use this knowledge to improve performance.
- Understand how the physiological and psychological state affects performance in physical activity and sport.
- Perform effectively in different physical activities by developing skills and techniques, and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport.
- Understand the contribution that physical activity and sport make to health, fitness and well-being.
|Fitness and Body Systems||Written exam:
1 hour & 45 minutes
|36%||Applied anatomy and physiology
Use of data
|Health and Performance||Written exam:
1 hour & 15 minutes
|24%||Health, fitness and well-being
Use of data
|One team activity
One individual activity
An activity chosen from the DfE list
Skills in isolation
Skills in a competitive/formal situation
|Personal Exercise Programme (PEP)||Assessment||10%||Aim and planning analysis
Carrying out and monitoring the PEP
Evaluation of the PEP
Students must ensure they have their correct and full P.E kit for every lesson.
Why choose PE?
If you have good skills and understanding in a variety of sports/physical activities. You enjoy learning about the theoretical aspects of Physical activity.
GCSE Physical education lends itself to Level 3 study at A Level or BTEC National Extended/Subsidiary Diplomas. Potential career paths after further study include teaching, coaching, sports journalism, physiotherapy, development of sport technology, sport science.