Special educational needs and disabilities
At Eltham Hill School we are committed to offering an inclusive, broad and balanced curriculum to ensure all pupils progress to their maximum potential during their time in education.
We are committed to narrowing the attainment gap between SEND and non-SEND students and offer a range of personalised learning interventions/opportunities to support this. We are very proud of all our students and their achievements.
The following policy reflects our provision for these pupils whose educational needs and or disabilities deem them to be in need of support whatever their needs or abilities. This encompasses needs relating to learning, social and emotional well-being and behaviour.
- SENDCo – Ms Elizabeth Waterhouse
- Vice Principal for Curriculum and Inclusions – Ms. Maxine Ferguson
- SEND governor- Mrs Diana Devine
SENDCo Contact Details
Phone: 0208 859 2843 ext 278
Eltham Hill School aim to provide the following:
- To ensure that all pupils have access to a relevant broad and balanced curriculum
- To identify pupils with special education needs and or disabilities as early as possible in their school career
- To provide a differentiated/personalised curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability
- To offer CEAIG (Careers Education, Advice, Information and Guidance) to individual pupils regarding post-16 decisions and where necessary collaborate with other agencies
- To ensure that parents/carers of SEND pupils are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment
- Achieve collaboration with Pod leaders, Lead Practitioners, teachers and Teaching Assistants so that the learning of all pupils is given equal priority
- Learning resources are used efficiently and effectively to ensure that all pupils are given equal opportunity
- Continually update the training needs of staff with regard to SEND
- To adhere to the recommendations in the Code of Practice 2014 dfes.gov.uk
- To adhere to the Equalities Act 2010 Policy